Brisbane Air Conditioning
Air Conditioning Cleaning
- the mould and bacteria is harmful to you and your family causing sickness and asthma.
- the build up stops airflow and reduces the cooling capacity of the air conditioner causing the unit to work harder and harder causing unnecessary wear and tear and heat.
What to do?
Clean the filters under the front flap regularly (once a month). Then at least every 6 months get the unit cleaned and serviced by a trained professional. If the filters are kept clean by the occupant then the professional clean will cost less as the build up should not be as bad. (cleaning should be done prior to and just after Sumner September and February.
Signs your air conditioner needs a professional clean:
- It is not cooling/heating like usual It is making unusual operating noises
- Smells of mould or mildew
- Dripping water Ice/water being blown out of head unit
- Making abnormal noise
What is a Professional clean/service?
Basic clean/service ($110+gst for first unit subsequent units $45+gst):
- Check outdoor unit
- Check for damaged parts
- Check operation of fan outdoor
- Check for leaking refrigerant oils/gas (visual only)
- Clear area’s around air intake
- Check drain
- Check operation of indoor unit
- Check temperature change
- Check and clean filters
- Check and de-odorise coils
- Check operation of remote control
- Strip down internal unit
- Pressure clean coils and fan barrel
- Deoderise coils
- Mould treatment